The HVAC system installed in our homes is our priority. It plays a major role in keeping us comfortable in different seasons by undertaking different functions. It cools us in summers and keeps us warm in winters. However, this old friend of ours can easily get damaged or can break down due to its long life span. Sometimes only a part of the system fails and stops working. In such a situation, the best option is to consider HVAC system replacement.
Signs You Require An HVAC System Replacement
Our HVAC systems, though non-living, are smart technology, and so they give certain warning signs that indicate that it is time to invest in an HVAC system replacement:
- Your system is older than 10 years
- You have invested in abundant HVAC repairs
- Your HVAC fails to maintain a comfortable temperature
- Unusual odors or noises
- Poor air quality and increased dust level
Air conditioners, for example, require AC replacement in Atlanta if your air conditioner is older than 10 years. Similarly, in heating HVAC systems, the furnace is one of the main parts, and when it wears out or stops generating heat, you must schedule a furnace replacement in Atlanta. HVAC replacement enables better comfort, better air quality and saves you frequent repair costs.
Questions You Need To Ask Your HVAC Contractor Before a Replacement
Nonetheless, while getting an HVAC replacement, you must choose a trusted technician and gather all the important information associated with an HVAC system replacement by asking the following questions:
- Does the HVAC company provide a free estimate for the HVAC replacement?
- Ask the technicians to guide you in choosing a new HVAC system that suits your needs and is compatible with your house as there are a lot of variants of HVAC.
- What are the pros and cons of the HVAC zoning system?
- Ask if you will need to install a whole-house humidifier or the HVAC system would work fine without it.
- What are the things to be considered while purchasing a new heating and cooling system?
- Amongst various HVAC systems, the multi-zone HVAC system allows the homeowners to set each zone at a comfortable temperature. Accordingly, is purchasing a zoned cooling and heating system a smart choice, considering its enhanced energy efficiency?
- Which energy-efficient heating and cooling systems are eligible for Federal Energy tax credits?
- The HEPA filters safeguard the health of your family by improving the indoor air quality, yet the washable air filters and disposable air filters are very popular. Inquire about the different kinds of HVAC filters and which filter is suitable for your HVAC system.
- Ask the HVAC company whether they offer the heating and cooling incentive program. If they do, inquire if you are eligible for it or not.
- Find out if the HVAC company offers an affordable service plan and see if it fits your requirements.
HVAC replacement is a big step and should be done with complete knowledge and awareness. May Heating & Cooling offers impeccable HVAC replacement services in Atlanta. To schedule an AC replacement in Atlanta, call us at (770) 285-8745 today!